As POPSUGAR editors, we independently select and write about stuff we love and think you’ll like too. If you buy a product we have recommended, we may receive affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
Finding the right swimsuit for your body type is typically a game of trial and error. Bikini bottoms can be notoriously difficult to shop for. Before you start your swimsuit search, you’ll want to understand the different silhouettes available at most retailers. Whether you’re looking to elongate your legs, accentuate your waist, or highlight your bum, there’s a stylish, comfortable bikini bottom for you.
Best bikini bottoms from popular retailers
We’ve sourced data from popular labels such as:
- Jade Swim, a minimalist brand designed in New York City and made in Los Angeles
- Ookioh, which creates retro styles made from 100-percent regenerated materials
- Montce, a celebrity favorite out of Florida
- Same Swim, a handmade line from influencer Shea Marie
- Aerie, which is known for its diverse range of colorful, pattern-filled suits
- Frankies Bikinis, a recent collaborator of Gigi Hadid’s
- La’Mariette, which boasts a collection with Selena Gomez
- La Mariposa, which is crafted for women who like contemporary and classic sets
How should bikini bottoms fit?
La Mariposa’s Ashley Liddell tells POPSUGAR that her company’s bottoms are sampled more than a dozen times before being released. “A great-fitting bottom should look great on all body types and accentuate a woman’s body for the better,” she says, touting the Toluca style, which is high cut with ruched sides, crafted to lift and sculpt natural curves. But there are plenty of swimsuit styles to try before your next pool day. Whether you’re seeking more coverage or less, you’ll find options after the jump — and you’ll know exactly how to describe what you’re searching for the next time you’re shopping.